Following a successful membership drive during June and July, over 70 members attended the AGM of the Jamberoo Valley Residents and Ratepayers Association in early August.
Another sign of the renewed vigour was multiple nominees for nearly all committee positions. The 2015/6 office bearers are President: Geoff Boxsell, Vice President: Ken Jeffrey, Secretary: Narelle Day and Treasurer: Vivienne Marris.
As on-going President Geoff Boxsell said when presenting the report, “We consider our role to be not only a watching brief, but more of a Progress Association, and it is important that we seek benefits not only for the town, but for the Jamberoo Valley as a whole.”
In 2014/5, amongst other things, the Association:
- successfully lobbied Council for road safety and beautification projects
- took over the running of the monthly market
- supported the inclusion of an Over 50s component in the Wyalla Rd development (Brookwood Estate)
- advised Council on the best route for the cycleway to Jamberoo
- proposed, fundraised and built the Centenary of ANZAC Rotunda
- requested Council install CCTV cameras
- representing the area in the development of the Minnamurra Estuary Coastal Zone Management Plan
- liaised with Council over many other issues affecting Jamberoo residents.